Friday, November 16, 2012

Proverbs 3:9-13


Proverbs 3:9-13

Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops;
10 then your barns will be filled to overflowing,
    and your vats will brim over with new wine.
11 My son, do not despise the Lord’s discipline, and do not resent his rebuke,
12 because the Lord disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in.
13 Blessed are those who find wisdom, those who gain understanding,

I remember my dad disciplining me and it never was a great thing at the moment.  I even remember him quoting this verse as he would do it and I am pretty sure I never thought well then go ahead and have at it.  Discipline is never fun, not for the one being disciplined or the one giving out the discipline.

But it is for our good!  It is for our benefit! Notice verse 12 and the words love and delight this describes God's view of us.  He loves us and He delights in us.  We must never forget that when we face discipline in our lives.  We must never forget that God wants us to find wisdom and gain understanding and I believe that comes through discipline (correction).  


No comments:

Post a Comment